- Set aside a special space to do homework.
- Keep all your school supplies in one place so you can easily find them.
- While doing homework, reduce distractions like background noise to help stay focused.
- Make a list of your assignments and check them off when you are done.
- Break down large assignments (like papers and studying for tests) into smaller parts. Set deadlines for completing each part.
- Reward yourself when you complete an assignment. Spend 15 minutes watching a favorite TV show, or doing another activity you like.
- Add extra time when planning out assignments, to allow for delays you don't expect.
- Try exercising just before studying to help clear your head.
- Each night, make a written schedule so you know what's coming up the next day. Clip it to your daily planner.